
N asked me at about 9:40 a.m. this morning if he HAD to play "My Country ‘Tis of Thee" on the piano with both hands. I told him yes, he did. Three times with both hands, I told him. Awwww, he responded and then performed beautifully, kickinging off my great Saturday with some of the kids in my life.
Tonight, I’m just realizing how thankful I am for all of them and am greatful that they somehow inspire me to have a simpler, stronger, and more real faith in Christ. Maybe it's how they live so honestly and earnestly?
Then I taught J. She knows "Fur Elise" is supposed to be faster, but she likes playing it slow and puts a lot of feeling into the piece. And she has to play her latest version of "Chopsticks" for me over and over again - the version she played at school with her friend.
During the lessons my phone rings. I check my voice mail as I’m leaving their house to hear my little sister Sharon tell me about her good time in Texas and how everything there is beautiful. It made me happy to hear her voice. "I’m learning lots," she said. Giggles. "Well at least, I’m trying to. I'll call you again soon."
Pick up Shikeira and Shikayla. I love yogurt! I don’t want it anymore, its yucky. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Can I have two cookies? Why do I get the small milk? Don’t mess up your hair because I want it the way I did it! I want to eat again right now!! Let’s go to the Library. Let’s go to the Air and Space Museum! Let’s look here, here in the tunnel. Push all the buttons on the video demonstrations we pass. I want to eat again!! Why nott!!!!!???
It just was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment